Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon

As soon as I got home from Cedar Mountain at 1:30 Friday morning, I took a long hot shower. I was so cold. We got rained on pretty good on Thursday. I also got to sleep in my bed for about 5 hours. Then I had to get up, unpack and pack again. I took Tyler, Justin, and Sunnie with me. Then we went to pick up my friend Tiffany and her two kids (Glen and Jennifer) and we were on our way to Bryce Canyon to run the 1/2 Marathon. In the mean time my other friend (Becky)and her two daughters (Katelin and Cami) and Kailee, left from girls camp to meet us in Bryce. Becky had reserved a room there. When we got to Bryce, I went to check in my teepee that I had reserved two weeks before. They told me that they had emailed me back saying that they were all full and of course I hadn't checked my email for two weeks because we had been gone. So we all ended up in Becky's room. There were eleven of us. We finally went to bed after lots of rearranging and trying to fit the eleven of us in one room. There were about four of us that set our alarms on our cell phones. When I went to bed, I kept dreaming that we would wake up late and be late for the race. I was kind of awake but laying there for about 10-15 min. Then got up and went to the restroom and turned on my cell phone and I couldn't believe it was 5:59. I panicked because the race started at 6:00. Well, let me just say that we were about 20 min late and we all did well. Justin came in second, could have been first. Katelin came in second, Kailee came in third, and Sunnie would have been first if I signed her up. This is in thier age group. I was so proud of everyone. We made such a great team. It was magnificent!! Bryce was beautiful and peaceful! We had a GREAT TIME.





Lunch after the Marathon, we were so hungry!








5 comments:

shauna said...

That alarm trouble sounds an awful lot like a few dreams I have right before a race!


Awesome job all of you! I am so impressed.

Iditadad said...

We are so proud of all the runners in the family. Way to go, team. WoW (Wonderful Old Woman)

Perfect Moments Photography said...

Look's like a lot of fun. You are all inspiring me!! I am hoping to do a marathon next year after I get in shape! Love ya and hope to see you next month!

Bonnie said...

No plans for a marathon here, but kudos to you all! That is waaaaay awesome.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

I will just live my marathon dreams through you all for now.

Great job, well done, kudos, and everything else that might be descriptive and clever.

You are AWESOME...