Sunday, March 16, 2008

Five Little Ducks


Here is how the song goes: Five little ducks went out to play, over the hills and far away, Momma duck called "kwak, cuac, quaque," four little ducks came waddling back.... The song continues until no little ducks come waddling back. But, in the last verse, Daddy duck says "QUACK, QUACK, QUACK!" and all five little ducks come RUNNING back.

Yesterday Preston was at his friend Hyatt's house playing. Several hours later Sunnie and I went to pick him up, we told him he needed to come home and he ran from me and said "NO!". He locked himself upstairs in the play room and turned on a TV. Minutes past by he still wouldn't come down. Sunnie went to get him two more times, still no Preston. Anita went to unlock the door, he shut it and locked it again. Finally I told Sunnie to go tell Preston that if he doesn't come down Dad will come to get him. Sunnie went upstairs and peeked under the door. He was still watching TV. She yelled "get down here now or else Dad is going to come get you!" as soon as she said that Preston got up as fast as he could, turned of the TV, and ran downstairs.
(this post made possible with contributions by Chantra, Justin, Preston, and Sunnie.)

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

He has witnessed/experienced the good ole foot pressure I take it.

That is sooooo funny. In my house it is the other way around. For some reason they do not fear their kid-at-heart daddy. I get to be the almighty feared one. Someones got to do it!

Great post! Keep em coming!

Here at home said...

In our house we call it 'good cop, bad cop'. I'm the bad cop. Daddy's the pushover. Mom's the strict one.

shauna said...

If he does that next time he comes to my house, I'll hide the key and keep him. Laki needs a brother.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

He sounds like a lucky duck that Dad didn't come and get him.

Be very very afraid....

Love ya Paul

Tamster said...

I'm not sure either one of us are feared enough by our kids!
That was funny! I've actually thought about what that song teaches, so sometimes I like to sing it differently. The other day I sang to Matthew, "Five little ducks went out to play, over the hill and far away. When the Momma duck said, 'Quack, quack, quack,' ALL 5 DUCKS CAME WADDLING BACK!" I usually sing it the normal way, but I'd like to emphasize to them that they should listen to mother and not just wait for the father to tell them!
But, like I said above, I'm not sure that they listen to mother or father! :-)
Hey, PiP! There are OTHER ways to give Laki a brother! ;-) And if you don't know how by now, I'm not sure how you got the 4 kids you've got! :-)